Tuesday, April 3, 2012

another middle of the night post

that i wrote last Friday night and just found in my email...

 It's 3:04 am as I rock the lil lobster roll to the puttering of rain against the window. Trying to wake her up to nurse from the other side even though she ate for 6 minutes already... Lightning brighter than day lights flashes behind the pink curtains followed by a tremendous thunder. Less concerned about my little girl waking up, I strain to hear if there are cries coming from Gobbles room. I wonder if he does wake up, will he need to come cuddle in our bed or require one of us to hunker down in his room, surely he'll need us since it's his first storm without the pacifier. It's 3:12 now and the lightning is more sparse and thunder is fading. The rain slows too. The storm has passed and the house is silent. There is no waking up this baby now, so I'll lay her back in her crib and hope she'll sleep until daylight. A 7 hour stretch of sleep behind us, we know our time in this rocker is limited, for which I am thankful and a little wistful. Her infancy is passing with the quickness of a spring thunderstorm...

2 comments: