Tuesday, April 24, 2012

3 Months!

Dear Lil Lobster Roll,

It's always bittersweet writing these letters to you and Gobbles at your milestone ages. It makes me realize how your time as a baby is fleeting. In fact, the very first letter I wrote was over two years ago when your big brother turned three months. I can't believe it!

You are growing so incredibly quick, already wearing 6 month clothes and size 2 diapers! You are always smiling and laughing, especially when mommy, daddy, or big brother come into the room. I've even seen you sneak a smirk at the puppies, as if you guys are sharing a special secret. You look at everything with wonder and curiosity and dart your head around when you hear excitement from different corners of the room.

Tummy time is not as torturous anymore, and each time you're on your mat I feel like it will be the time when you roll over- you are so close! When you're on your back you're content to kick all the toys hanging from your mat in order to make as much noise as possible.

That noise, oh the noise! I've never heard a baby chat so much! Ooohs and Aaaahhs and the occasional Eeeee which I know is you straining to say "mommeeeee"! You love to be heard, and even though you have that ear piercing scream twice a day when you're ready to sleep, it's music to my ears to hear you so animated.

You sleep better at 90 days old than your brother does at almost 900 days, so well that I don't mind waking up to feed you the few nights a week you request me.  And by request I mean let out one quick whine then wait patiently for me to come in, always greeting me with a gummy grin, tongue half sticking out.  As long as you're swaddled you can pass out anywhere, anytime and sleep for hours. When you had your first day of school this week, I was proud to tell them that you've already put yourself on a schedule.

That's right lady- school! You're there a few days this week to give it a try while mommy runs around to appointments and oil changes. You had a great first day yesterday and I'm sure it will keep up! Your brother told us how he looked in on you during the day. You know you've made it when you have Gobbles' stamp of approval.
Personality-wise, you are all you're Daddy so far.  Relaxed, laid back, and if the TV is on you are glued to it, able to tune out anything else around you.  I don't mind that you're exactly like him, especially since your brother is Mommy - drama drama island all the way!

Tonight when I was finished feeding you, and we were rocking in your room in the dark (the power was out because people in the neighborhood don't know how to trim trees properly), we were listening to your Daddy read Gobbles his bedtime stories in the other room.  You just kept smiling at me and laughing at their silliness.  I kept kissing your cheeks and your nose and your forehead telling you that I love you to pieces, because I seriously feel like my heart could burst into a million pieces every time i squeeze you and kiss you, my precious little girl!

Now that I've spilled my heart let's sop up my tears with a photo montage.  Until next time little one, I love you so much. 

Love,
Momma
I'm not really trying to roll Mommy - I'm straining to see the TV...
Ahh that's better.
Ok this is a little too close - getting ridiculous now!
This old guy is the one you had a crush on in high school?  Wow Mom!
See my tongue?  HAHA
Don't forget my smile!  I'm up to something!
LISTEN TO ME!
What IS that amazing creature?
All right.  ready. to. roll.
Three months old but still in hand-me-down jeans!
And i still need a lil help sitting up!

But I need no help busting out my killer smile.  AGAIN!


I'm just a little princess, waiting with my other princess on my first day of school!


And sitting in my big brother's chair. Shhhh.  Don't tell him!

1 comment: