This blog is a little out of my topic area, but thinking back to a conversation I had with hubs last night, I can't help but laugh at myself now.
So hubs has a bachelor party to go to this weekend. The party is in his hometown, a boondocks town where everyone knows everybody else. He mentioned that he was having an email conversation about the "toothless, redneck strippers" that would be at the party, and started laughing.
A strange feeling of terror-like worry came over me, bringing me almost to tears.
My husband immediately stopped laughing and looked at me, shocked because in our ten years together I have never emitted any kind of jealousy towards this kind of thing. I trust him completely and am secure enough in our relationship that he can see strippers anytime he wants. What's wrong? he asked me, starting to look worried himself.
My voice was shaking. Please sweets, promise me you won't laugh at them. You didn't laugh at them the last bachelor party you had at that bar did you?
His relief became apparent and he resumed his laughter. Only one of them, but man she was brutal.
Again for some odd reason I was brought near tears. Promise me! These girls are people too, they probably have Daddy issues and they probably have no self esteem. If people start laughing promise me you'll tell them they're pretty and give them some dollar bills.
Ok - I'll do it. I'll make it rain and tell them it's with love from my wife.
What the hell is wrong with me?? Where in the postpartum manual does it say I'll develop a compassion for strippers while my hormones are adjusting to a lowered breastmilk supply?? I've got to finish this weaning thing and return to my cynical, judgemental old self.
Back to normal Gobblestime next time, I swear!
I almost cried when I got in an argument with a police officer in a parking lot about my seatbelt today. He used finger quotes in the air about what kind of a "rush" I was in. He has NO idea and he's lucky he was carrying a weapon.
ReplyDeleteA-hole.
Does this mean you didn't like my stripper blog?????
ReplyDeleteI must lack that sympathetic gene still. Every once in a blue moon, John gets called on for a bach-party involving the stripclub. I tell him to pack up a bag of hot nickels and a pack of newports to throw at the strippers. The thought of glittery sweaty coked-up strippers being pelted by hot nickels and cigs cracks my shit up.
ReplyDelete