The snow hasn't yet melted away, but for the first time since November there is no snow in the 10 day forecast. It has been a long winter in our household - as I probably mentioned before, all three of the winter birthdays we had were snowed out by storms, and those were only a quarter of the snow events. I had a fender bender back in January that I still need to get repaired, and we have all been watching too much TV by sitting in on countless snow days and cold mornings.
Despite all of this, we did manage to keep ourselves occupied and find enough indoor activities to warrant an upcoming "part 2" to this post. We also managed to get every penny's worth of the Spiderman boots I bought for Gobbles on clearance last season and the Lobster's hand-me-downs, which Gobbles may have used once.
Highlights of our outdoor winter activities this season included the Lobster's first solo sledding runs, Gobbles surprising fearless when it came to flying down the hill, me shoveling feet of snow from our driveway with the kids underfoot, and Spoons eating a snowman. All in all, lots of fun and a ton of memories.
A pictorial compilation of the snow fun we've had since the new year, plus two bonus videos of the fun.
Alright Daddy, this is how we set up!
Dad, this probably isn't a good idea
Here Daddy- you can ride with me
Whoa - I'm all the way down here!
Alright - new storm, fresh snow - angel time!
Spoons - you need to stay on a leash! You aren't going into the woods this time!
Well as long as you stay with me down here lady!
New storm new problems - trees down everywhere!
We made it down the driveway, but the cul-de-sac has no chance
Pretty sun over an icy tree
Playing in the aftermath of another storm! Standing on part of the snowman!
Hey mom! your thumb is blocking the lens! Don't ruin the pic of my playdate!
Hey E - we don't need springtime to play on the swingset!
Well looks like the sand didn't freeze. Why not build a sandcastle too!
Hmm. Well ANOTHER storm may have beat out that swingset
Yup - looks like we're really stuck inside for this one!
Look! We can still play with it!
This is going to be a long workout
Attack of the killer spoonsie bear!
Playing in the snow
and frustrated they have to jump instead of run!
C'mon spoons, come and get me!
Well this is helpful
Yum!
OK Mom - we're ready to help you!
Well this is silly! Now we can't move!
Ugh - we can't even make angels!
Seriously - a little help here!
We're going to help you do this whole driveway mom!
Make sure you tell the folks that we actually did spend an hour outside with you
!
Uh, mom? Still stuck!
Can we go in and watch Mickey yet?
OK, so we're about one eighth of the way done!
Snowplow broke our mailbox again! Hurrah!
Well now we're stuck up here!
Now we're a quarter of the way done! Making progress!
I'm so over my hat, mom. Look, we made a horsie out of snow!
And a slide!
WHY can't I play with this? Yea, the gloves were bothering me too!
More snow overnight! Well at least it's pretty!
All of the fallen trees are covered too - so pretty!
Good thing we brought in the umbrella and cushions this season. Oops.
Snowy sunrise
The prettiest moment before the thaw
Even the rising moon was larger this season.
Yes. I went sledding too. And I may have been a little nervous.
We'll laugh about it someday!
You thought I was nervous in the last video! After I caught on to what hubs was doing with
Gobbles I lost it. Gobbles enjoyed himself though...
I was so proud of the Lobster for the snowman she built, but I couldn't help but crack up at Spoons' unusual reaction!
No comments:
Post a Comment