Dear Lil Lobster Roll,
Wow. You are a year and a half old already, I cannot believe how the days are flying by and how much you are growing. There are times when I pick you up eager to snuggle with my little baby and then you speak and I am reminded that you are no longer that, not in the least. You seem like you are 18 months going on 18 years with some of the looks you give, seemingly saying
How DARE you tell me No! You have your own mind, and when it is made up, watch out, because you want what you want and there is no stopping you. You have become the tiniest version of me, just as my mother wished upon my teenage self oh so many times.
You are still my wee munchkin (21 lbs 13 oz, 31.5" tall; 25 percentile for weight, 65th for height) but are becoming more articulate with each passing week. Yes, your words, I'm amazed at the speech that squeaks out of your tiny mouth. . I have lost count at exactly how many words you say, because you repeat everything you hear. The only thing you can't seem to make clear is "milk", which you call
note. You call us by name,
mommy, daddy, no-no, cooli, and
foonsie bear. You point out your body parts (as well as ours and the dogs), always starting with
nose then moving to
eyes, ears, hair, mouth, foot, knee. You're very inquisitive, asking
Where'd he go? if someone leaves the room or we're looking for something.
You have a tendency to wake up early and when you do, there's no coming to our bed to sleep. No, you get into our bed no matter if the sun is up or not, grab the remote and hand it to us
Mouse! you exclaim, wanting Mickey. If we're sick of that it's on to
Pat pat like Rocket in Little Einsteins (you LOVE screaming
blast off!). And finally, if it's not a Disney day, we'll watch
Why, or Super Why, and you'll try to sing along the best you can with the ABCs.
Little girl, you are in such a rush to grow up, to be three and a half just like your brother, that you have to do everything he does. Including go potty. Now, I'm not going to say you are potty trained, per se, because there aren't even pull-ups small enough for your tiny tush, but you go on the potty more often than not, both pee and/or poop, and giving yourself the greatest round of applause as you go. We're not in a rush to get you into underpants just yet, because school is not ready for you. Your teacher told me that when she has the ratio she can take you down the hall to the potty, but since there's none in the classroom, it's not all the time. She said if you aren't able to make it to the potty, you still demand to be changed immediately, not wanting to sit around in a wet diaper, ever the diva.
Speaking of school, the baby genius, as your teachers affectionately refer to you, is giving them a run for their money. Having just moved into the young toddler room, the smallest child in the class, you have no problem beating up on the bigger kids and attempting to bite them. Your teacher said that when you talk to your friends they don't always listen, so you get frustrated with them. She told me that really, you belong upstairs, which is still two classes away - a room your brother didn't enter until two and a half. Hopefully before then you can learn to hold your temper more and communicate with your words more. I know Gobbles would appreciate that since he seems to be the victim of your physical altercations at home. You are getting very good though at apologizing
Sossy! and following up with gentle touches
Niiiiice (sounding like Borat of course). You've also started telling the dogs if they're bothering you
not nice!, so now all you need to do is take some of your own advice, or use that same phrase with the kids at school and you'll be all set.
Despite being trouble sometimes, when you're not asking to be carried
up pleeeease!, you are the happiest child on the planet. You are so affectionate with your hugs and kisses and are quite the little jokester making faces at dinner to get Gobbles to laugh, tickling everybody, and even running away and cracking up as you "hide". You still have your Daddy wrapped around your little finger, calling
Daddy-oh! when you need him and insisting that you show him an outfit that you deem
pretty! Daddy! You still have his taste in food, preferring barbecue sauce to ketchup and chowing down on corn right off the cob.
You are so close with your brother, I hope it will always be like this. He loves to go in and wake you up from nap, and he is the first person you ask for when you get up in the morning. If you happen to be in the car somewhere without him, you point to his seat with a worried look
No-no! willing him to return. You will sit and watch your shows with him on the couch just sucking your thumb and leaning against him, your best buddy.
And with me, Little Lobster Roll, I just cannot get enough of your hugs, kisses, shout outs, snuggles, even mischievous slaps on the face. Those slaps are usually followed by a perplexed look wondering what I'll do next and I love to see the wheels turning in your head of when you should stop testing me and start rubbing my face going
hiii mommmy knowing I can't resist your cuteness. I love am so proud of you for how much you have grown in just 18 short months and for the little spitfire personality you have, knowing there is never a dull moment with my wonderful and adorable little girl.
I love you so much Little Lobster Roll.
Love,
Mommy
 |
| I know, i know! I'm a big little girl now! |
 |
| my first attempt at duckface... whaddya think? |
 |
| Wake up! I'm so silly! |
 |
| Doll! (or DAH! as you hear it) |
 |
| Oh HIII everyone! |
 |
| THROW! |
 |
| Yum, did mommy mention I love to eat playdough? |
 |
| and Ca-Ckas |
 |
| Oh yea, and CORN! |
 |
| ahhhhhce. ahce is mah favorite |
 |
| ew. how DARE you ask me to eat this mess |
 |
| Fine, I'll eat it, but with my shades on |
 |
| if you want me to eat grilled cheese, you must put steak inside and smear avocado on top! |
 |
| See - I'm just like Gobbles! |
 |
| How many times do you have to take my picture on here? we get it... |
 |
| I caught me a munchkin |
 |
| Finally - you can show off how Pet-ty I look! |
 |
| Can we add fishies to our pet collection? |
 |
| Just kidding, I have my coolie, he's enough to handle |
 |
| Let's not forget my foosie! |
 |
| Ahhh Foosie Bear |
 |
| Don't put me in that Baby swing ANY MORE! I'm big now! |
 |
| Did I mention I'm fearless... |
 |
| Hah Mommy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment