Thursday, March 21, 2013

Catching up with Gobbles

Over the last few months, every time Gobbles said something that made me laugh I'd try desperately to remember it and email it to myself later on.  Probably 75% of his quotes have been lost out the window of my brain, trying to help him hunt for the latest show n tell item or explain that responsibility is not a tangible thing.

But, I did manage to find a few that I may as well throw out there lest they be forever hidden away in my email.  Let me note that I am ashamed at my son's use of the word like which apparently is, like, every other word out of my mouth and my little buddy picked up on it.  Whoops.

- Each week, Gobbles's class reviews learns about a letter, how to identify it, the sounds it makes, etc.  During T week, apparently he was on the same page as his teacher:
Mommy, Miss J told me that our brains were stuck together when we found our list of T words.  How silly!

- Apparently that same week:
No, I can't bring my little tow truck for show and tell because it's too small for my friends to play with.  I suppose a little of his lil lobster roll / toy sharing paranoia came out here.

- After spending a weekend at my mom's, Gobbles came back singing Skinna Marinky Dinky Dink, but one thing really irked me, especially since my mom is a first grade teacher - she taught him the wrong words!  A minor sound variation, really- Gobbles was singing Skinna Marink-A Dink-A-Dink instead of Skinna Marink-EE Dink-EE-Dink.  The reason it bugged me was because when I tried to sing it to him the right way, he got all indignant: NO Mommy!  Skinna Marinky Dinky Dink is wrong.  I asked why it was wrong, and frustrated, he responds:  Because, it just doesn't make any sense!  We had an argument about how his way could make sense any more than my way, but of course arguing with a 3 year old can only get you so far.  I think over time though, I may have convinced him of the right way (my way, haha) of saying it. 

- This conversation happened on a random ride home from school one day:
Gobbles: Mommy, Where do dinosaurs live?
Me: They're not around anymore buddy, they're extinct.
Gobbles: Not around anymore?
Me: No, there was an ice age and they ran out of food (am I even right? i have no idea? An asteroid maybe?)
Gobbles: Ran out of food? Why didn't they just go to the grocery store to buy more?

- Another way home from school one:
I just, like, fired my friends, because they didn't wash their hands.
 
- Just about every night during dinner, when he wants more of the good thing, but is SO done with whatever he doesn't want:
Gobbles:  (looking up with a huge pout and trying to force tears out of his eyes): But I'm really REALLY hungry!
Hubs or I:  Well then eat your veggies.
Gobbles (matter-of-factly):  I'm still hungry BESIDES my veggies!

And, of course, we have the quirkiest of quirky, some fun pics of my special little guy:
Deep thoughts, with Gobbles... (Notice the planet puzzle footrest)

Deep thoughts, with Gobbles AND Spoons!

Silly Guy!

The obsession with planets continues...
..and continues...

...and continues... I won't post the other 9 pictures.  You get the point!

Inventive and stylish (christmas pj's in March? Noooo Problem!)

Big guy with no worries at the barbershop. 

Obligatory selfie with my sister!

Look mom- a Toothbrush.  So I guess he's obsessed with hygiene too?

Deep thoughts with gobbles... and the Lobster Roll.
Always willing to help out with a science-like experiment that will allow my momma 26-32 weeks of weeknight wine.

Just a few months ago I was scared of both vacuums and footie pajamas, now look at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment