Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Weeks

Dear Lil Lobster Roll,

30 weeks down, 10 to go until I become a mother of two.  I'm still not ready.  When we found out I was pregnant minutes before leaving for our memorial day vacation, we were thrilled, and relaxed.  We knew that there was a lot we wanted to accomplish before you got here, and it seemed we had all the time in the world.  Guess what?  There is still a lot we need to do, and all of the sudden that time is down to two holiday filled months plus (hopefully) a move in the mix. 

There is still wishful thinking that we'll be in a new bigger house before you arrive, but we have to get realistic too.  Your big brother Gobbles is still sleeping in your crib (well it's a daybed right now) and we need to prepare to move him out.  We've been waiting on this transition hoping not to do it twice with a new room then another new room in a new house, but it looks like we're at the point where we should move him before you get here so it doesn't look like you're giving him the boot.

My girl, you are an active child.  You spend most of the day dancing around my belly and keeping me up at night laying transverse so I cannot get comfortable on either side (if I must ask one thing of you it would be for you to move head down before we get close to delivery.  please!).  You still get me dizzy every morning around 8:30-9:30 am, but it's ok, I can take it another two and a half months.  With all we have going on, I'm still hoping for you to be a February girl.  But, the doctor told me since your brother was so big they may want to induce me sooner so you aren't a big girl too.  I'm hoping that the almost 30 lbs I've gained don't increase too much more, because I want you to come when you want, I don't want to force you out from the start! 

Your brother met your cousin last week and we are talking to him every day about you.  He is very excited to be a big brother and is practicing your name every time we talk about "the baby".  I'm sure he will get nervous when he first meets you, but that's because he's a bit possessive of me and it has nothing to do with you.  He'll soon realize that I have more than enough love to go around for both of you. 

Your puppies are also preparing for your arrival, Cannoli has become especially clingy - he's the one you feel pressed up against you every night when we sleep.  His usual sleeping nook at my belly has all but disappeared but he still somehow finds room to snuggle up.  He's also the one you hear barking at everything and anything, but I promise he's a good dog.

This week we're preparing to have the family over for Thanksgiving, a tradition we started 5 years ago.  Gobbles stopped me from hosting two years ago because we thought I may be in the hospital by then, but with you we're fine to cook in our own kitchen, knowing you'll be hanging out in my belly through the day, as well as Christmas and New Years.  

This pregnancy is flying and there are so many people out there that cannot wait to meet you, everyone is excited to have a little girl around.  You're pretty much dressed for the first few months, so we don't have to worry about giving you all boy hand-me-downs just yet, it seems people love to buy clothes for girls!  Your Daddy and I talk every day about what you will be like and how are lives are about to change, and we already cannot imagine our future without you. 

So my lobstah roll, hang in there for another 10-11 weeks knowing that when you arrive, ready or not your family has a lot of love and hugs and kisses with your name on it.

Love you baby girl.

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment