5/29/11
Dear Baby 2,
Good morning, Dear! I've known you for just over 48 hours and I feel like I already know everything about you. Ok maybe not, I have no idea how big you are, or what sex you are, but I know one thing. You are already just like me.
You are an impatient little one, one step ahead of yourself. My goodness your Daddy and I weren't even expecting to get ready you for another month or two, plus we expected some sort of Gobbles factor. Yup - Gobbles - that's your big brother. He was always very late. We got ready for him in September, but it took until March. He was supposed to come in November, but he's a December baby.
The one thing you and Gobbles have in common is that you both get to go on a beach in Mommy's belly before anyone even knows about you! Gobbles spent his weeks 4 and 5 out in Monterey, California, as mommy was out there for work. You'll spend week four (or five?) here in Hilton Head with your whole family!
See, I found out about you the day before our vacation. Your Daddy and I were so very happy with your little surprise, and right now I'm beside myself thinking about how already I can't wait to meet you. I haven't even had a chance to go to the doctor yet, but I'm estimating you'll be here late January or early February. I don't even have a creative name like Gobbles to give you yet! I'll think of something great, I promise (Daddy won't let me call you Deuce).
We're on vacation right now, and the earlybird you are has me up at 6:30 in the morning. The boys are fast asleep, but I'm happy to have this time with just us. I apologize for all that pressure yesterday morning - we had a long drive down and your big brother insisted on sleeping right on top of me and you when we stopped for a break at a rest stop. He's a heavy little guy and Mommy's back is still sore!
This is such an exciting time for our family and friends - you're going to have a cousin just 3 months older than you, and a great friend just a few weeks older than you! This friend has a big brother just like you, except he is 4. Gobbles will be 2 when you are born, and he will be so happy to meet you. We've already taught him to point to my belly and say "baby". So when you develop hearing, that's your brother talking to you! Besides your friends I already talked about, you can hang out with Gobbles' boys. He already has his posse, even though the youngest is going to be much closer to your age - since he was just born last week!
I'm laughing to myself right now, Little One, because Mommy and her friends have this running joke that it seems to be there is always more than one of us pregnant at once. We thought it ended with your Aunt Cawola but guess what? It turns out we were both pregnant at the same time for a few days but didn't even know it! It's going to be a long time before we can have a celebratory glass of mommy-juice together!
Well Baby, it sounds like your brother is waking up, I should go get him so Daddy can rest some more from the long drive we had. I'm so happy I finally got to say hello to you, I can't wait to learn more about you!
Love, Mommy
So sweet:) We can't wait for the little
ReplyDeleteLobster Roll to get here!!!