Last weekend Gobbles and I got together with his two favorite friends,
Little Buddy and
Mooshie. We had an evening playdate hosted by Mooshie's mommy and daddy. Hubs was working but Gobbles and I were more than excited to come and play with the other boys and their 'rents.
It was only about 6 weeks or so since the last time I had seen the Moosh man but it seems like he's grown so much. I've forgotten how quickly a baby's development is during the first year. Meanwhile, Gobbles seems to still be maintaining his same old habits - scream and cry when Mommy tries to hold another child. He did, however, request to hold the baby. So we sat them both on my lap, one on top of the other. As soon as Gobbles shifted and Moosh was touching my lap, Gobbles began to push him away -
'Scuse me Moosh, 'scuse me. Not because Mooosh was in his way, but because he was treading on Gobbles' turf. 11 weeks to work on this...
Meanwhile, Little Buddy and Gobbles enjoyed pizza and snacks and had a blast playing ball, trucks, coloring, and breaking into Moosh's toys that he hadn't gotten a chance to use yet. Moosh watched his bigger buddies and looked at his mommy as if to say
just you wait! I'm gonna be running around like them soon before you know it!
The boys' moms and I traded secrets, stories, and hysterics about our evolving motherhoods, how far we've come since being friends a decade and a half, and each of our neurotic tendencies. I always leave these playdates feeling more confident and calm with myself and my role as a wife, mother, and friend. I feel so lucky to be going through these moments in life with these women, as we have similar thoughts and feelings on many things, but very different views on others, which somehow all mesh together for a comfortable, reliable friendship.
And the fact that we have the most adorable handsomest little men in all the world doesn't hurt either!
 |
| hey kid! when you're old enough you can have a ball too! |
 |
| C'mon Moosh! look at the camera, that way our Mommies will leave us alone! |
 |
| Here - ya want the ball? |
 |
| Guys? Where'd ya go?? |
 |
| Shhh... I can play with two if i want! |
 |
| Hey Lil buddy - check out my reflection in the glass. I know we're not supposed to bang on it but it's so much fun - drum drum drum! |
 |
| Seriously? no interest? oh well, suit yourself! |
 |
| No Mommy, I was NOT banging on the glass! |
 |
| Hey Gobbles! Why are they obsessed with taking pictures? 'Scuse me Moosh, just please get off my mommy's lap! |
 |
| Honestly Mommas! Enough with the pictures! Trying to escape here! |
 |
| Two boys, a bat, a ball, a large tv, a glass table, and a window wall. Don't see any issues here! |
 |
| I'm done smiling for you ladies! Here's my kissy face instead! |
 |
| Wow Mooshie! You've got the coolest toys! |
 |
| Look at that concentration! |
 |
| Even Sophia got in on the action! What a fun night! |
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteGobbles hair looks like it got soo dark. I love these pics! Little jealous you all hanging out
ReplyDeleteWe had so much fun with you guys- Mooshie loves his friends! This one also made me tear up a bit...!
ReplyDelete