Thursday, November 17, 2011

The princess is here!!

I'm an AUNT!  I've been waiting to say those words for years now, and I am thrilled that the time is finally here.  Sister-in-law was due a few days before halloween, and naturally we all joked about her having a little pumpkin.  When her due date came and went, she informed us that she'd be induced on Monday morning - Halloween.  Turns out she went into labor just before her scheduled induction, and a few hours later my niece, hereafter known as Princess gal, arrived. 

Hubs and I are thrilled with this addition to the family.  She comes just in time to be bffs with our little lobster roll and she is so lucky to have two of the coolest parents she could ask for.  Hubs' sister and our brother-in-law are fantastic with Gobbles and are going to be a great mom and dad.  We're looking forward to many years of our families hanging out and experiencing milestones together.

This past weekend we took Gobbles to meet his two-week old cousin.  We told him how exciting it was going to be to meet his cousin, baby princess.  He of course chatted about it the entire morning, but clammed up when we got there.  As soon as he saw the bundle of joy, he began wringing his hands and looking furtively around in every direction but that of the princess.  Every mention of Princess's name caused him to glance in her direction and then offer up a form of distraction.  I placed him on the couch next to his aunt and cousin and he still turned away from them, but seemed happy to create a barrier between me and the baby. 

After we all got a little more comfortable, Gobbles seemed to settle in and play with his toys and took advantage of special attention from his grandfather while we fawned over the baby.  He was fine until he realized I was holding her, which caused him to run across the room in a panic and cry big crocodile tears until I handed her back over to her mom.  This again reinforces the fact that I am petrified for the arrival of Gobbles' sister.  He has not let me hold another baby without throwing an absolute fit.  I guess we'll have to figure it out somehow... Strangely though, he was fine with his Daddy holding the Princess, and even wanted to interact with her when she was laying on a blanket.  He's going to be a good cousin, and soon a good big brother.  We just need to work on his patience a little more...

Meanwhile, Look at this beautiful little girl!  She looks so much like her daddy but also has her mom's gorgeous blue eyes. 

Pretty Princess!

Such a happy big cousin! 

Here baby princess, have a ball!

Little girl, BIIIG stretch!

half crying, half sleeping

More stretching!

No Mommy, I don't want to hold the baby!

So what's the deal with my uncle here??

I know!  I'm aDORable!

And I stole the doggie's pillow!

Ok, ONE pic!

Enough is enough!

Awww baby princess.  As long as you're not tying up mommy or auntie's laps, you're A-OK!

2 comments:

  1. DOUBLE TAKE- I was all, WHAT?!?! You had the babe already?! I know I've been out of it but sheesh!

    Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha! i didn't even think about that! no, hoping to wait to 41 weeks for my little lady!
    and i'm not sure how princess-y mine's gonna be, i'm not that good at being girly :)

    ReplyDelete