I love everything about the fall. the colored leaves, the brisk weather, the return of soccer Sundays (aka two hours every WEEK for me time), and most importantly, the pumpkins. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and pumpkin ale. I actually said to my husband last night as I polished off my second that i missed the stuff so much during my 9 months of sobriety last year that maybe I should plan my next pregnancy so that I'm not pregnant in the fall. He reminded me that I'm trying to plan the next one so I'm on maternity leave in good weather, and that I'd likely be breastfeeding in the fall anyway, so to suck it up and just enjoy my dogfishhead punkin now while I can. Moving on...
 |
| C'mooon - let's talk about where we're going... |
Last weekend we took our first new family trip to an old family favorite, Linvilla Orchards. It's amazing how much smaller it seems now from the perspective of an adult. When I used to go as a child it felt like pumpkins lined up as far as the eye could see. This time it was like a sea of minivans. Then I remembered that it really doesn't matter what I see - what my little boy gleans from his surroundings is all that matters.
 |
| Are we there yet?? |
Gobbles' first stop was a pony ride. Sure, the lady looked at me like I was nuts, but I know he really did enjoy it. No fussing, no fur pulling, and most importantly, no falling off. All in all a successful little moment.
 |
| Really mommy - this is my "i'm having fun" face?? |
 |
| Well mommy, now that you've had your fun, can we get off now? |
After that we moved on to the train. He pretty much couldn't have cared less about this, I'm not even sure he realized we were going anywhere.
All that riding made us pretty hungry, so it was time for a lunch break, where I discovered one of the greatest inventions known to man - pumpkin funnel cake. Complete with giant dollop of vanilla icing! It was fantabulous and worth every weight watchers point. Seriously, my leader always says "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels". I respectfully disagree. Not that I've ever felt thin, but I'm pretty sure it can't compare to the deep fried powdered sugary with just a touch of pumpkin-y spice goodness that was this funnel cake. It was scarfed down so quickly we didn't even think of getting a picture. Even Gobbles loved it.
 |
| Got my momma's taste buds,that's fo sho! |
 |
| Do I have funnel cake on my head?? |
High on pumpkin, we moved onto none other than the pumpkin patch. Knowing full well I was only getting a baby pumpkin (or 4) for the step, we still stopped at every oversized, odd-looking, or giant pile of pumpkins. Photo-ops galore.
 |
| How 'bout this one? |
 |
| This one has a good beat! |
 |
| Yumm, I bet they used this one in the funnel cake. Oh, we're done talking about that? |
 |
| A little help here? |
 |
| Lumberjack man! |
 |
| Seriously? All these pumpkins around and you give me this tiny one to hold? |
 |
| Well forget it, I'm tossin it! |
 |
| I'm going to play with this piece of hay instead. |
 |
| Yup, and now i'm done looking at the camera too! |
 |
| Sooo, just to spite me you get this one that I threw to take home? Well I guess it's ok - I can learn to love my Gobbles-sized Pumpkin!!! |
love, love love!
ReplyDeleteSo, do they make littler boy coats? I like this one.
Yay! It looks like gobbles had so much fun at pumpkinland! The pictures (and captions) are priceless
ReplyDelete