My blogging has been extremely sporadic lately, not due to lack of inspiration, but simply out of pure exhaustion. If I do get a minute to it down to write, my mind seems to go blank, or I realize that the pictures I want to upload are still on the camera, or a puppy throws up, or the laundry is done, or the baby starts fighting off the sleep into which he was so peacefully settling moments before.
Now that Gobbles is a crawling, eating, stair climbing, split-second standing, cruising machine, every minute he's awake there is something to do. Whether it's explore the ball pit, throw the ball back and forth, push the dinosaur around the room, or just read a book, the little man always wants to be entertained.
I feel half guilty / half relieved that he has not noticed the giant television in the room yet. Guilty because I know the reason he hasn't noticed it is that we haven't had children's programming on for more than a few minutes at a time. Relieved because he has his whole life to watch tv, the longer we can put it off the better.
As far as food goes, he can be the pickiest eater one day, and just a piggy the next. It comes and goes, but we all know that my son will eventually know that we live to eat, not the other way around. Lately the Gobbles favorites are cheerios, mini pancakes, veggie puffs, sweet potato fries, and trusty rice cereal. We're still working on cheese, pizza, apples, and pasta. They're coming though, just a little slower than expected.
There it goes again, I know I had a whole lot more to say, but hubs just distracted me by laughing at something on the tv and I'm completely hopeless - it's way past my bedtime.
Uploading pictures is much easier than trying to catch my train of thought. So until next time...
 |
| I LOVE to make music with my macaroni rattle! My favorite toy is a free toy! |
 |
| I also like to make music with my Daddy and his guitar.... |
 |
| And I like to sing and flash my rock star smile to the camera |
 |
| But when the music stops, I like to settle in with a good book |
 |
| I'd rather look through my bowl than eat my macaroni! |
 |
| No bib is a match for the way I eat! |
 |
| He seems to like that toy - let me see what it does! |
 |
| well if we just work our way around here then we can push through this gate and get up the stairs! |
 |
| What? You've never tried to drink bath water? Don't knock it til you've tried it! |
 |
| I like to hang out in the yard with Mommy while Daddy grills and they both drink out of those brown bottles. |
 |
| Despite the dark background, it's not really that late - see - i'm not tired yet! But I think mommy is! |
Love! What a great hoodie
ReplyDeleteCan we get all of our Daddies together for a jam sesh- and maybe ask them to watch all of the babies so we can take a nap?
ReplyDeletethe bath pic with the moving water is a piece of art!
ReplyDelete