
there he is! sitting up, unassisted, long enough for me to snap a picture before he topples over. i'm proud of my lil man. and somewhat ashamed that i was not quick enough when he did topple over and he konked his head on the floor. twice. didn't seem to bother him much though, a minute of hugs and raspberries and all was forgotten (hence the reason it happened again, i'm not a bad mom i just forget sometimes...)
it's been a good week, we've let gobbles fuss a bit during the night instead of flying out of bed to replace the paci. and surprisingly enough, he's actually gone right back to sleep most times. this better night mood could also be attributed to the fact that he's now eating food twice a day - sweet potatoes with his 2nd bottle at daycare and cereal at dinnertime. next week, we try peaches!
and in two weeks, it's d-day for momma! d as in get these boobs back down to a d cup (or below!!!). my current weaning plan is this: right now i've gotten myself down to pumping just once a day, using that and the freezer supply to fill his daycare bottles. still currently breastfeeding in the morning and night. come d-day, gobbles will get his first taste of formula, first one bottle a day, then two, and so on. that same day i'll stop nursing in the morning and only give him the boob for bedtime. after he builds up to all of his bottles becoming formula, and my body has slowed to just nursing at bedtime, i'll cut that out too. boy i sure do sound like the sweet, nurturing mother, don't i? i figure this will probably take about a month, so hopefully by july 4th i'll be able to kick back and have some beers without worrying about being wasteful by pumping / dumping.
bring on the cabbage leaves!
another sign the kid's getting too old for the boob: when he can hold the camera and take self portraits, myspace style.
omg DOWN to a D? God bless you. I'm sure Gobbles will love to hear all about what he put his mama through..say at about 16 years old. Although, I'm sure I'll be in the same boat at the rate I'm going!
ReplyDeleteAnd his next myspace pic needs to be in front of the bathroom mirror. Preferably when he's dressed to go clubbing.
Yay for sitting up!! And I think I smell a Halloween costume consisting of some cabbage leaves...
ReplyDeleteKeep on keepin' on!
Yay for Gobbles sitting up on his own!
ReplyDeleteLove the picture...I'm ashamed to admit that I stalk that kid on facebook. His little face just makes me smile.
his face makes me happy!
ReplyDelete