Yes I know it's almost Halloween. This week I'll blog every day if that's what it takes to catch up! Hopefully!
I left off my last summer
post photo dump with our adults getaway to the finger lakes. After that, it wasn't too long before we were on the road again, this time with family and kids in tow. This year's trip to the Jersey Shore was a little quieter than most, missing some of the family while my sister was waiting for the arrival of
baby Z. Luckily, we managed to squeeze in the trip plus a few more activities before her triumphant arrival at the end of the summer.
This year the beach was kind of awesome because we didn't have to deal with beach diapers and the kids entertained each other a little more than in years past. It was memorable for Gobbles because he slept on the
top bunk in a room he shared with the Lobster.
We made a big to do about going to Star Wars day at the Please Touch Museum, even showing Gobbles youTube clips from the movies so he could get to know the characters the night before (if he watched any of the movies in entirety right now I'm sure he'd never sleep again, so clips are fine for the general idea). Anyway, when the characters were finally brought out for the kids to meet, they balked and decided they were fine with the playing they got to do and were done for the day. They may have warmed up to Chewy but the line was entirely too long to be worth it. Hoping Disney in January has a different feel for them.
Labor Day weekend was the second year in a row that we went to Knoebel's with the Poozers and Nana. Gobbles enjoyed all the rides he went on of course and the Lobster got to experience her first roller coaster. She loved it, but having gotten on by fractions of an inch (or a lax operator just assuming she's tall enough), it scared the daylights out of me holding on to her at every bump and turn. Her only regret was that she wasn't tall enough for the big wooden coasters.
Suddenly, summer was done and a new school year began. We started with a bang by heading to a funfair then out to dinner with some school friends. The kids had a blast with them, the Lobster held her own as the only girl, and we have gone nonstop every weekend since... but those are stories for another post.
 |
No matter the weather, the beach is always most beautiful during a run.. This was a 7 miler after a night of partying with a neighbor's band at the bar. Three weeks later, I ran 10 during an apocolyptic wind storm with ocean foam blowing all over. It was still gorgeous. |
 |
| drilling to the center of the earth... |
 |
| What's up? Just carrying some water for the castle... |
 |
| Hmmm.. i'm not so sure about this stuff. Thank goodness I have a float! |
 |
| Somebody get this kid a boogie board! |
 |
| This is silly |
 |
| Ahh! I have to go potty! Into the water! |
 |
| I won't ever let this float go! |
 |
| I don't mind the sand at all Mommy! I love eating here too! |
 |
| A beer and a kid on the beach. nothing better |
 |
| An airborne leap and a perfect pike! |
 |
| Shhh.... This arcade game is hard work! |
 |
| Despite having our own room we all ended up in here... hmmmm |
 |
| Yea no idea... |
 |
| Of course I can't carry my own water - I've got a float to wear! |
 |
| BFFS |
 |
| Finally! Using the float for its intended purpose! |
 |
| No, mom, I don't need to go deeper! |
 |
| Ice cream! Actually I enjoyed the empty cone better! |
 |
| My typical long car ride position... |
 |
| See mom? I can entertain myself at work with you! |
 |
| Ready to meet darth vader.... we think! |
 |
| I don't like the star wars guys! Just princesses! |
 |
| Water play is the best! |
 |
| We have the carousel to ourselves! |
 |
| Look at me! |
 |
| Here - we'll watch these robotic R2D2s... |
 |
| And we'll all take a turn on the backhoes |
 |
| Family time waiting for the Budweiser Clydesdales! |
 |
| Front and Center seats! |
 |
| Can i pet the horsey? |
 |
| Can we take that doggie home? |
 |
| And more frozen treats to top off the night! |
 |
| My friend D's dog "Joey" is sleeping over, so I'm giving him a checkup |
 |
| And now he's riding on a rocket ship! |
 |
| And now it's time to hop on pop! |
 |
| Mommy! We need a wider driveway! |
 |
| Gobbles' first bee sting :( |
 |
| Welcome to Knoebel's! Where shall we ride? |
 |
| Too infinity! |
 |
| C'mon Nana, this way! |
 |
| Wait until these rockets go up! |
 |
| Munchkin- sit DOWN! |
 |
| The kiddie whip is our favorite! |
 |
| Just look at the fun we're having! |
 |
| And those Poozers love the antique cars... |
 |
| Wait for me, Nana! |
 |
| back on rockets! This time we need an adult because they go so high! |
 |
| Yep, probably high enough to get us sick too! |
 |
| Mommy's glad she doesn't have to ride this with me - i'm going to make it go so high! |
 |
| And mommy's worried sick that i'm on this - i can't even see out! |
 |
| Not sure why Daddy randomly rode on this one! |
 |
| Where to next? Lemme check the map! |
 |
| Yea munchkin, you're not 36" yet! |
 |
| Well they let me on, so away we go! |
 |
| UGH. That girl took the pink car i wanted. Bump with her! |
 |
| School is going to ROCK this year! |
 |
| Well, hopefully i'll have a teacher that'll stick around... |
 |
| And hopefully I'll have one that can handle... um where are my shoes? |
 |
| Big girl - whole apple! |
 |
| Mommy, don't embarrass me in front of my buddy - I'm a little scared on this ride! |
 |
| I'm not - higher higher higher! |
 |
| Chaperoning the Lobster's date with E. |
 |
| Yup - on this teeny coaster you have to ride with Daddy! |
 |
| Chaos and a pink ball! |
 |
Duck face on the ferris wheel! Gobbles rode with his buddy's mom, and when she pointed out they were higher than the trees, he responded, "well, not that one over there..." |
 |
| scrunchies are BACK! |
 |
| Tie-dye and boots. What a combo! |
 |
We're trying to make the leaves fall because Mommy says boots are to be worn in the fall! |
 |
But I say anytime is right! Look how high in the tree we are - almost 6 inches off the ground! |
 |
| Just a lazy super-hero day... |
 |
| And finally (FINALLY), goodbye summer, it was a blast! |
No comments:
Post a Comment