Thursday, September 18, 2014

Summer Got Away from me... and Summer Getaways, part 1!

Autumn officially starts next week, so of course I'll start this post out with July.  For the 4th we went to the local parade.  For the 5th we had a party.  And besides what I've already posted, the rest of July is pretty much a blur at this point.  We loved hanging out with our oldest and dearest friends (and all of their new babies!).  We loved hanging in with just the kids doing random things.  And hubs and I loved our first "adult" group vacation together since the kids were born.  We definitely embraced the summer, the fact that the kids are old enough to be flexible with naps, portable without lugging diaper bags, and resilient enough that they barely notice if we take a weekend away.  

Wa-HOO for the red, white, and blue!
Mom!  You dressed us so nice, except for Gobble's giant pants.
At least we know they'll last a few more years!
 
Lady Liberty and Uncle Sam, at your SERVICE!

Who CARES that I have no pants on?!!

Just me and lil mischief, being perfect angels :)

Poozers, I'm starting to think our height difference is widening!

Nothing beats nana and giant marshmallows!
Obviously this was BEFORE Magnusson broke my sword - I'm SO not over it!


Buddies!  
Nana and the kids watching the fireworks...

An attempt at a group shot - sooo many babies!

Love for my loves!

Girls can play with trucks, too Mommy!
Just chillin' after the party! 
We took a trip to summer stage - Disney Sing Along!

I was the only guy in line to meet Jake -
all the other kids wanted the imitation Elsa!

I'll just build a neverending train track while Mommy works...
Here we come!  riding down the street!
Our cool-down ride, a little easier to handle

Now we don't even have to pedal at all!

Polar bear, don't you sink that ship!

Lunchtime break in a giant ball...

Oh no! Attack of the cucumbers!

Cucumbers for WEEKS!

So whaddya think of all those cucumbers lobster? 

It's been a cool cool summer!

Don't mess with me...

... I tend to get nuts!

Mommy, you're really brave taking us to the build n grow by yourself!

Yes, and then you led me to put my trolly together backwards
because the Lobster started getting crazy!

Just because I can swing a hammer doesn't mean I'm crazy!

Good thing we gave Mommy a break and came to grandmom's!

We made a booby trap for grandpop!

And I finally built my Olaf from a June party - still tasted Yummy!
Beer tasting to kick off the weekend in the Finger Lakes!

Hops growing in the parking lot!

Two grown men can enjoy a hot-tub together, right? 

A little run before a big wine tasting!

A few vinyards in...

We signed a table.  in marker.  doesn't look pretty.
hubs drew a penis and said it was an igloo....  

an unlikely couple with everything in common!

Kayaking for wine!

Selfie through a plastic bag...

Nobody can catch the best exerciser!

A WELL deserved wine break!

Worth the commute!

A great time with awesome friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment