Thursday, January 16, 2014

2013 Video Review - Part 2- Fall and Winter


Part 2 of my look back on 2013.


This fall brought on a new milestone for Mr. Gobbles - his first foray into organized team sports.  I use the term organized lightly because with a bunch of three year olds it's kind of mass chaos, but he loved it.  Obviously I've written a whole post on this already, but here he is in action - number 16 on yellow.


This one from September is really long but I crack up every time I look at it.  The basic gist is that the kids were playing with balloons, the Lobster's popped, so I blew up a new one for her.  Gobbles wanted a new one too because hers was shinier, so when asking for a new one didn't work he started to ask how she popped it so he could pop his and we'd be forced to give him a new one.  I love this video because it not only shows his crazy logic skills but it also is just the epitome of our Sunday afternoons - hanging out on the sun porch as a family.  


The Lobster started counting in October and Gobbles began exploring his musical side.  I got to watch hubs and the Lobster practice their dance for her wedding many many years into the future. 




As the weather cooled in November we resorted to using the entertainment at a nearby mall for fun.  This was one of those rare occasions where the kids were both in great moods and were just not shy at all.


December brought about holiday cheer and lots and lots of song.  The kids helped me decorate by using their imaginations with the garland as safety nets and the ottoman as a pirate ship.  Gobbles manipulated his way into stealing the Lobster's turn in putting the star on the tree (she didn't seem to notice or care), the Lobster dazzled us with her singing, first of terrible 90s movie tunes then of a classic Christmas carol. Gobbles had his winter show singing that same carol and looked out for his sister by getting her a bell too.  Finally, the kids had fun with their cousin on Christmas Eve and all the mass chaos that goes with it. 



 





 

Overall, 2013 was a good year for our family.  Watching my infant Lobster grow into a rambunctious toddler, watching Gobbles develop into an amazing big boy, and just spending time together was what it was all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment