Now that we've had a whole month without birthday parties, it's time to round up what Mr. Gobbles had been doing all winter!
I may have mentioned this before, but between October and March, Mr. Gobbles attended 13 birthday parties, including his own and his sister's. That basically boiled down to one every other week. Some were family friends, and some of them were classmates, kids he's spend 8 hours a day with since he was a wee baby. We've jumped, bounced, done crafts, bowled, played pin the tail, played circle games, jumped some more, or just had a toy-time get together.
We've eaten pizza and cake and pizza and cake and pizza and chicken fingers and cake!
The years of weddings and showers and bachelorette parties have made way to balloons and presents and meltdowns. And I love it. Watching my son play with his friends, watching all the kids sing happy birthday, watching the guest of honor beam as they blow out their candles, chatting with parents of kids my son plays with every day but I barely know (and realizing, hey, you'd be cool to have a drink with), all of it, I love it.
I hope in the years to come, with sports leagues and dance recitals and all else that keeps life busy, that these parties don't become a chore, because I want Gobbles to continue to love and embrace every social event he attends. Maybe it stems from my own issues of always needing to be included, accepted, and surrounded by everyone I love, but I just can't get enough of my little boy growing into his own with all of his little buddies. Bring on the candles.
 |
Whoo hooooo! My first ever schoolmate birthday party - what a blast!
Wait - maybe this was the 3rd? They were both in the same place :) |
 |
| I hear there's pizza and cake at these things? Forget jumping - I'm hungry! |
 |
| All RIGHT!! Pizza and Cake! YAY! |
 |
| YUM! |
 |
| Blowers are always fun! |
 |
| Yes - 3 year olds can bowl too! |
 |
| We even got cool lil shoes! |
 |
| Alrighty, let's just put this up on the track |
 |
| forget that - i'll roll it all myself! |
 |
| Mommy- you wrote an entire post about my own party - why more pics of me eating pizza there? |
 |
| This was a fun one - at the Creative Clubhouse! |
 |
| I LOVE to make music! |
 |
| This house party had a fishing game, crafts, pin the tail, and a moonbounce! |
 |
| Oh yea - and friends and pizza! |
 |
One of my school friends had moved away but came back for this
party 4 months later and 6 " taller - I miss her so much! |
 |
| Another house party - with a FUN HOUSE to color! |
 |
| And of course more pizza - and my girlfriend! |
 |
| And my sister could come too! |
 |
| And the birthday girl's brother a.k.a. my sister's long lost twin! |
 |
| The Gobblesman just being Gobbles |
 |
| Breakin hearts |
 |
| Ah! Back to an old favorite - bouncey place! |
 |
| And lil sis was able to come too again! |
 |
Hey Gobbles! I can speak for myself - 6 months of being dragged to your
parties and now I can finally play for myself - YEA! |
 |
| Wheeeee! |
 |
| I'm so happy to bounce! |
 |
My mommy is the best - helping me climb all the way up through the spider web structure -
I was the only kid that made it up there! |
 |
| Aww Gobbles you were sick for this party - too bad! |
 |
| Now it's time for LOBSTER fun!!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment