An embarrassing EIGHT MONTHS after he first went potty, we can officially say that our son is potty trained.
In other news, watch OUT, the lil lobster train is backing up. That's right, she's on the move - crawling backwards just like her bro started out.
Considering we spent most of the weekend packing boxes and just kind of let them do their thing, it just goes to show that my kids accomplish things much easier when I'm not up their butts bugging them about it.
And just like that, with the potty training behind us Gobbles was off to his first day of "preschool" this morning. Not a big deal because it's just across the hall from his old room, but of course I had tears in my eyes as I left the room, watching him play dinosaurs and laugh with the teacher and his bff Michael. The only thing that made me feel better was watching my little girl after I plopped her down in the middle of a group of screaming infants. She looked at them, looked back at me and broke into her signature gummy smile, as if to say Momma, I won't let these kids get me down, so you don't let the fact that Gobbles is getting old bother you one bit.
These guys are the best.
| See Momma! I don't even care that you stuck me in his old clothes, and he doesn't care that you stuck me on top of him! |
Edited 9.5.12 - to add to the potty training. With Gobble's newly aquired skill also came dressing himself. This morning as he was putting his underpants back on, he showed me how each leg goes through each hole. Then he stuck his hand in the fly and exclaimed "oh and see? these ones have a little pocket!" Kid cracks me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment