I've posted this before and I'm sure I will again. My son LOVES his dogs. Spoons more than Cannoli, but that's only because she's softer and gentler. Cannoli is more the same personality as Gobbles (and myself) so there's some conflict there. But Spoons? Laid back and calm and quiet, kind of like Daddy and the Lil Lobster Roll.
There are times I look at him and wonder if he will go into the veterinary field, just for the sheer love and compassion he displays for them every day. His mornings to not begin until a dog romps on his bed, licking him or just snuggling until he wakes up. Gobbles will then sleepily put an arm around them and hold on tight,
Ohhh Spoonsie BEAR. or
Ohhh Calloolli!
The other night as we were getting dinner ready, Cannoli was hiding up under one of the beds as usual (he has an irrational fear of the oven), and Spoons was jumping around the living room. Gobbles stopped what he was doing
Oh Spooonsie BEAR! Don't be scared, come hear give me a hug, I'm so sorry you're scared. I'll take care of you.
Seriously, I hope and pray every day that these two somehow outlive his childhood, because I know Gobbles (and all of us) would be utterly devastated if he ever had to say goodbye.
 |
| Oh Spoonsie BEAR! |
 |
| I love My DOG! |
 |
| I won't let anything happen to you! |
 |
| A moment. |
 |
| Let's just watch TV together. |
 |
| What am I, chopped liver? Well I always have you Sophie! |
 |
| And you always have ME, the Lil Lobster Roll!!! |
 |
| YUM! |
That photo of him hugging the dog is so precious!
ReplyDelete