Friday, March 23, 2012

2 Months!

This was written on my phone while feeding my baby at 4 this morning.  Multitasking is the only way to get anything done these days!

 Dear Lil Lobster roll,

Two months! We have made it to the point where we know each other inside and out, I know what each pitch of your piercing cry calls for... Actually your cry is rare, only using it when you are beyond starving or a little more gassy than you can handle. Otherwise it's all coos and smiles from you little girl.

You are an amazing sleeper, already giving me a few nights of 8 hours straight, and tonight you even put yourself to sleep. That's right, I swaddled you up and laid you in the crib so I could deal with your brother (he had lost his "Jessie" dog in his sheets) and you were so quiet in your crib I decided to leave you there and see what you'd do. You cooed to yourself for a few minutes, turned your head back and forth, and within 10 minutes you were out cold. Of course I'm speaking too soon but I feel you're the break we deserve after dealing with years' worth of sleepless nights with gobbles.

You have such a little spunky personality already baby, rolling with the punches, which may include sloppy puppy kisses, extra playmate time, or being toted around in a sling or stroller, all while watching the adventures of your older brother.

You are growing like a champ too... I wish we didn't have such a big box of size 1 diapers as you could probably be in 2s. And your 0-3 clothing is slowly becoming a memory. 11 lbs 14 oz, up from 10 lb 1 oz at your 1 month. And 23" long already, you are growing way too quickly.

We have just over a month until I go back to work and of course our time together has gone way too fast. I am so grateful to have spent so much Mamma-Lobstah time with you because I feel like we've created our own special bond, just you and me, which will last a lifetime. Every morning when I place you in the changing table and we pick out your outfit, your uncontrollable smiles lights up the room. You stick your little tongue out and curl it up and we crack up together. I know as you get older we'll probably argue a lot as all mommies and daughters do, but I hope no matter what we remain this close forever. I love you so much little girl.

Love,
Momma

Seriously Mommy?  Is this the beginning of embarrasing outfits for the rest of my life?

Happiest girl in the land

Enough tummy time Mommy - I'm relaxin'

I'm 25% Irish and proud of it!  I'm sure I'll have a taste for Guinness in just like my momma... in 21 years :) 

1 comment: