I think there's something wrong with me. Seriously, just when our normal routines start to run like a well-oiled machine, I decide to try something new. Let's see if we can withstand this! Then we'll relax. Well, I guess that's not entirely true since this time we'll be doing our relaxing first - in the form of a weeklong trip to Hilton Head starting THIS Saturday! Considering this is the first weekend in a month that will not require one of us to be at work (being on a rooftop in the rain with whiney contractors at 6:30 am two Saturdays in a row with no paid overtime is NOT what I signed up for over here a-holes), we don't even mind that we'll be spending twelve hours in the car...
But, back to the thing that has hubs and I looking at each other like giddy teenagers what are we DOING?... We decided to try our luck in this risky and unstable housing market and try to upgrade. I've spent the last nine months watching listings come and go and the prices seemed to steadily fall. As a seller, that's bad, especially having bought near the height of the market. As a buyer, heck yes. Give me that 4 bedroom 2 bath house for just a couple hundred dollars more a month. We have a few favorites from open houses but of course putting in an offer can't happen until we do the following:
1) Get preapproved! (Almost check. We have the bank and the forms, just trying to scrounge up a few more documents requested).
2) Get a POD to get the clutter out of the house (Almost check. POD's on order and arriving after we get back from vacation).
3) Hire a cleaner, scrub out that dog smell (love ya spoonsie bear).
4) Get a realtor and get the house listed! Droves and droves of people will come from miles away to see it!
5) Find out the market feedback / get an offer on our house to see how much $ we'll get!
6) Pick our a new house, get our lowball offer accepted (wishful thinking), and schedule settlements.
Um, have I mentioned we are literally away every other weekend from now thru August? Vacation, camping, wedding, cousins trip, family trip... etc. But no need to worry, all of this craziness I completely brought upon myself and I accept these terms. Heck, for more of a challenge (um, before we decided to actually put up the house) we even dropped Gobbles down at daycare to two days for the summer, two with my mom and Fridays with me, so no more sticking him there on Fridays just so I can get stuff done. I think 18 months is old enough to learn how to pull weeds :)
Whew. Next post will return to your normally scheduled Gobblestime.
good luck! I don't like this house selling bit. Not at all.
ReplyDelete