thank god we bought the warranty...
I have a feeling with a boy I'm going to be saying that a LOT over the next 18 years or so. Gobbles glasses lasted less than two months of wear and tear before they snapped. literally. at the right temple. This happened on Monday night, so Tuesday we promptly called the eye doctor for replacements and sent our boy off to school with electrical tape holding this "Eyes" together.
 |
| This tape is such a pain I can't even keep my head still! |
After he came home with more tape and the earpiece hanging off and I realized it was just 3 days until we left for vacation, the engineer in me came out. I can't take all the credit because I did a quick google too, but the finishing touches were all me. I grabbed some toothpicks, super glue, and bronze nail polish I had leftover from a wedding a few years back (to match my bridesmaid dress at Cawola's perhaps??).
A few minutes later, viola!
 |
| 25 cent fix for for a mom in a rush |
 |
| Just like new! But don't try to fold them... |
They didn't bother him at all!
 |
| Stop taking pictures and lemme eat my pancakes momma! |
 |
| Nom nom nom. Better get my eggs and fruit ready! |
 |
| That's right! More breakfast please! |
At least I thought they were awesome. But of course daycare is a rough and tumble place, and by the end of the day he came back again with tape on his glasses. Good news is, on Thursday I got the call that his replacement frames were in... a lot quicker than I thought they'd be!
We picked them up this morning on the way to our cardiology appointment - the next step in the followup to the Geneticist. After being poked and prodded for another 90 minutes, including an EKG and an echocardiogram, Gobbles' heart was pronounced perfect. Great news to start a beautiful day.
Only thing left on our to do list today? Pack for vacation! The first time our little family is going away together, just the three of us. I can't wait!
 |
| I got to climb up and down the step stool and look out the window between doctors! |
 |
| And my new glasses fit look specTACular! |
No comments:
Post a Comment