Wow. I never imagined you at four. I guess I just thought you'd be my little baby girl forever. You are so grown up and such a character that I have a hard time keeping up. First, I can never promise you anything because you have the memory of an elephant. You will bring up something I said in passing months before and hold me to it, or even more so you will point out some way a friend at school wronged you "yesterday" (last year) and use it as an excuse for a way you acted today. Song lyrics, books, tv shows, you can recount back to me the plot after just one time.
You say you're going to be an engineer (because you want to come to work with ME all the time), but I don't think so. You will likely be one of four things. First, an attorney, a trial lawyer to be exact. Because you argue up and down and use big words like "ridiculous" and have that crazy photographic memory. Second, I can also see you in sales / marketing of some sort. You are the opposite of shy and have a habit of sidling up to any adult you see and telling them your deepest darkest secrets, getting them to trust you. And you are an amazing liar. I have to drag it out of you 3 or 4 times before I get the truth because your cover story and deadpan face is just that good. So that trait could contribute to either of those potential careers.
There is a whole other side of you though, that leads me to think you could be a nurse/doctor/veterinarian or an actress. You have such a caring way about you when you attend to your puppies, your dolls, and the affection you show to me (well lets face it everyone) is nothing but love. You exude personality and are always coming up with something crazy that you just love and are so passionate about that you want to implement it into every aspect of your life- your artwork, pretend play, and stories. Currently, Powerpuff Girls, My Little Pony Equestria Girls, Paw Patrol, Barbies, and of course the Disney Princesses (namely Jasmine) take the lead in all of your fun. Let's not forget JEM, of course, whom after you themed your birthday party. Though hesitant at first, you loved getting up and singing on the stage and totally got into the songs you knew well. Every morning when there's a spare minute before school you and your brother are in the living room pounding away on the piano or fighting over the harmonica or karaoke machine.
Just this week you moved up to the Pre-K room at school, your very last transition ever, and I can barely contain myself. Less than a year and a half and you'll be in kindergarten! Having gotten stellar marks on your preschool progress report (including helping others and inclusiveness, which I LOVE to see), you were finally a bit challenged in your first day. Even socially, it took some adjusting as you hovered around the classroom "queen bees" and decided you have your bff but the others you don't have time for because they say mean things to others like "stupid". I'm proud of you for standing up to them and not allowing yourself to be intimidated, even being the youngest in the class.
We had your birthday party a week late because I was away for work on your real birthday weekend, but it was worth the wait. You wanted a JEM themed party with singing and dancing on stage so we had it at a local performing arts company. It was a bit awkward at first, as karaoke always is, but you and your friends got really into it and it was amazing and hilarious to watch. You have such a spunky personality and a passion when you sing (even if you are a bit tone deaf just like me) that it entertains and enthuses everyone around. All of your friends and their parents talked about your party with smiles on their faces, a great time had by all. And when you're older and you're at a karaoke bar at 1:30 in the morning, with half of your friends wanting to leave for pizza, some wanting to keep singing, and a handful falling asleep, you'll understand just why you guys were so entertaining. We love it!
Finally, my mommy guilt got to me for being away for your birthday and I made you a big promise which I delivered on just this past weekend. We got your ears pierced. You spend the entire week leading up to it talking to everyone about how excited you were and when Friday finally came you were ready. You went to dance class even though you asked if we could skip it because you were so eager to get your ears done. After dance you rushed me out, nervously talking about how if it would hurt that's ok because it's just a pinch. When we got to the kiosk in the mall you spend a long time selecting the perfect pair of earrings to remain in your ears for 6-8 weeks. I tried to guide you to some simple studs but you finally came to rest on a pair of gold princess crowns that had just enough sparkle in them. We selected two other pairs to have after you could change them and gave everything to the lady to ring up. You climbed up into the chair, excited but anxious and looked at the bowl of lollipops on the counter, reaching for one like you owned the joint. When the ladies told you to go ahead you popped it in your mouth and didn't notice them approach with the guns. They marked your ears with the markers and you proclaimed it didn't hurt at all. We laughed and got right to the piercing. For about 15 seconds you said "owie owiee owieeeee" then asked for the pretzel I promised you. I proclaimed how beautiful you looked and told you about how brave you were since I'd cried when I got mine done when I was 5, and you included that little tidbit forever after in your response to people asking if it hurt when you got them done. I love it how you were so proud that you didn't cry, my toughie.
Well munch, I think I've covered it all. You are a big girl now, 4 years old. Maybe you'll stop sucking your thumb like you've been promising for a year now? It's ok if you don't though, you know I'll always love you no matter what. And I know, that no matter what you say to me during your little moments of angst (which I can't believe happen at this age already!), I'll just keep replaying your sweet little voice in my head I'm thankful for my family! I have the best family ever. Best Mommy ever, best Daddy ever, best brother EVER. Don't forget, YOU are the best too Lobster. We love you more than you'll ever know.
Love,
Mommy
My favorite meal - mussels!
I get into the part when I play sleeping beauty
Creativity center... making markers!
Getting Blessings and God from my best girl!
Loving nights in with mommy and my brother.
Yes. That cake is made of krimpets and chocolate cupcakes. Gee, thanks mom.
I LOVE jewelry making!
My Jasmine outfit is the BEST
What I chose to wear to school on the day we celebrated my birthday
My Aunt is the BEST for taking me all day on my birthday!
I love being at grandmom's too!
And i'm really not to shabby of an artist either... Powerpuff girls!
So excited for my JEM party
JEM is outrageous!
I'm really into it.
Happy Birthday to ME!
All my pals
These speak for themselves. I may have started off timid, but I rocked it ;)
Oddly enough, this turned out to be my favorite present, even though I have like 5,000 tents...
Dressing my girl up!
I love coming to mommy's work because I get my nails did...
No comments:
Post a Comment