I am getting just terrible at updating this thing- but no news is good news here. We've been so busy having fun, working, running, and socializing (playdates upon playdates and then some) that there's just been no time to write it all down. Thankfully, there's a handy dandy camera on my phone so I can capture all the moments before they slip away from memory.
As the leaves turned and fell, hubs became busy at work and I did my best to keep the kids out and occupied when they weren't being babysat by somebody so I could find time to run my long marathon training runs (I'll get to a full recap of that and our Disney trip, hopefully before our next Disney trip!). We try as often as we can to get to the Lowes build and grow clinic since it's 100% free and it's one of Gobbles' favorite things to do. He's gotten to the point where he can follow the layout directions himself, just double checking with me that he has it right before he hammers. The November project was a science experiment kit - a bonus for Gobbles because he loves science.
We also had the opportunity for many playdates and birthday parties, one of which was the Lobster's first time bowling. She was the only sibling who opted to go but held her own with Gobbles' pals and even had a strike! Gobbles continued his soccer career, but this time we changed it up and went to the local soccer association instead of the Y, and he enjoyed it even more. There was more structured instruction and skill building rather than just playing, and you know how we are about structured playtimes!
Thanksgiving was celebrated at school and at home, with good friends and great family. We went with our usual brined turkey and carbo-loaded menu, but I changed up my soup from butternut squash to pumpkin gruyere in an attempt to be fancy. It turned out pretty good but in my distracted state I used the cheese that was supposed to top it in the "cheddar" biscuits instead, so we'll have to try again next year.
I wish I could remember what else went on when the weather turned cold, but since the thaw has started and I have three months' worth of stuff to catch up on, it's time to move on to part 2...
 |
| I hammer with such precision and determination! |
 |
| I may have hit a thumb or two... |
 |
| Whoo hoo! look at our creations! |
 |
| Now it's time to experiment! |
 |
| Check out that volcano action! |
 |
| C'mon buddy, let's play while our lazy brothers watch tv! |
 |
| Mommy! Check out this giant heavy ball! |
 |
| See? This is how I roll... |
 |
| It also makes a handy seat! |
 |
| Lefty all the way. |
 |
| It's taking forever for this one to roll! |
 |
| Three bffs playing video games |
 |
| And three bffs eating pizza! |
 |
| Slowest cake eater in the WORLD! |
 |
| It's only going to get harder to have them all look at the camera! |
 |
| Girlfriends! |
 |
| Laid back buds... |
 |
| Getting into the game |
 |
| I don't care if you're a girl, I'm gonna kick it anyway! |
 |
| Move it move it let's go! |
 |
| this goal is a little too small for all of us! |
 |
| Right here buddy! |
 |
| Can you please not bother me in here? |
 |
| My first attempt at tracing my name! |
 |
| I figured out the date all by myself |
 |
| It's so hard hanging out at church... |
 |
| 3/4 smiling family shot! |
God bless our Cousin Z!
 |
| How would i look as a brunette? |
 |
| Can't catch me! |
 |
| More gymnastics fun please! |
 |
| Wow what a flip! |
 |
| Uh Mom I think these are the same outfits we wore last thanksgiving?? |
 |
| Fighting like sisters over the sink |
 |
| then back to pals walking in the snow |
 |
| Here D, let me get that for you! |
 |
| First taste of soda... blech! |
 |
| another round, please! |
 |
| inventive vacuuming |
 |
| What's wrong with hanging on the table leg, mom? |
 |
| Happy Thanksgiving! |
 |
| BFFs! |
 |
| And another BFF in the making! |
 |
| 'scuse me... my hair! |
 |
| Cousins two ways! |
 |
| A motley crew |
 |
| nothing makes us happier than juice! |
 |
| Me and my Gobbles |
 |
| Starting to outgrow the kiddie table! |
 |
| Starting to outgrow the big table too! |
 |
| Let's eat! |
 |
| Too much food. need sleepy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment