Thursday, August 7, 2014

Grandpop's Boy

A few weeks ago my Dad accompanied the kids and I to a little mini-golf outing.  The Lobster still picked up the ball and carried it over to the hole after one stroke (but somehow landed herself another hole in one), and Gobbles started getting serious about his game.  Impatient for others to have their turn, but serious on his.  I think we counted his score for more than a few holes before he started guiding it hockey-style into the cup like he usually does. 

The real fun began when we went to the driving range.  First, we tried upstairs figuring the kids would be less disruptive to the oh-so-serious golfers.  The problem was, we were so paranoid about the kids falling off the driving platform that I wouldn't let go of the Lobster and she screamed like a banshee.  The few golfers who were up there (I'm pretty sure the former owner of my house among them), gave us death stares until we tiptoed back down the steps.  However, this shameful trip down the stairs was not before Gobbles swung a few shots right down the fairway, at least 50 yards.  

In this short outing, he found a new sport to love, and one that I would be happy that he stuck with (no fear of detached retinas in golf).  Now, since he kept switch-hitting with the head of his club on the left side and driving it just as far, if only I can figure out his proper handing before we immerse him into the life of a semi-pro.  

My shoes might not be proper for golfing,
but my skirt helps me look the part!

Go Gobbles Go!  Oh, I'm not supposed to yell? 

Ok grandpop, i've got my ball in!

Oh,I need grace and patience?  Not sure how well I'm gonna do here!

Cheese!  Wait - what's over there? 

This is noooo fun, nooo fun, sitting on the concrete muuuushhhroom!

All good golfers take at least 74 pictures before hole 16.

Why do we always have to WAIT for you? 

We LOVE golf...

Well, really we love hanging out with Grandpop!

I just needed one quick lesson!

And off I went!

First line it up...

... Then wind back...

And swing away!  I love it!

And mommy! You didn't even mention the best part
- a sunporch pizza afterparty!

No comments:

Post a Comment