Friday, April 18, 2014

Like a lion


Annnnnd get it!

The chaos of the winter slowed to merely a busy hum by the end of March as our family spent time together with friends and just tried to outside.  There was an uptick of changeover going on at the kids' school that left us a little uneasy and seeking consistency at home to keep everyone in a comfortable routine.  It may not seem like that big of a deal from the outside, but when a number of teachers who have been with my son for longer than I was in high school depart from his daily life, it is a little disruptive emotionally, maybe even more to me than him. 

We were able to distract the kids with celebrations with friends, day outings, and playdates.  Oh yea, and they watched Frozen about 487 times since it came in the mail mid-March.  On St. Patty's day we hung out with old friends that we rarely get to see anymore and met a few new additions to the group.  We attended a birthday party another old friend where for the first time ever Gobbles was in the minority - one of two boys at a princess party.  I was impressed with his gentle and patient behavior with all of the girls being girls (yes, at 4!) and the Lobster was in her glory dressing up with the little ladies. 

They also had a chance to spend time with their cousin, Princess Poozers.  I love when these kids get together because they truly do love each other and even miss each other when they're gone.  The Lobster asked for a week where the Poozers went after she was gone, I'm so happy that she will always have her bff.  The girls are at that age where they actually play together instead of side by side, they help each other, comfort each other, and (of course), cause trouble together. 

The conversations in our house are becoming so entertaining.  Most of our dinners come and go with nothing but laughter and 95% of the time I totally forget what we are laughing about by the time we're done, but it's usually something crazy silly that the Lobster makes up.  Gobbles, on the other hand, has matter-of-factness and complete logic in everything he talks about that it's so hard to argue with him.  Also, his memory is insanely accurate and usually better than mine.

Mom, is there an umbilical cord on your tummy?  How does the Magic Bed get the baby out?  Remember when you had the Lobster she gave me Bullstrode?  (There's been a lot of baby talk in our house since the chatter of their cousin arriving in a few months, but the fact that he remembers what my hospital bed was like and the gift his sister gave him 2 years ago amazes me)

Dad, do you know what's better than bananas?  Chocolate covered bananas!  Like the ones I had in Disney.  (he had one on our trip to Disney, which I don't ever remember talking about again in the 10 months since our trip)

Lobster: no way, kaki!
Me: stop calling people kaki
Gobbles: well I am wearing khakis, so she could call me that...
(can't argue with him!)

Gobbles: Mommy I want to marry cannoli and spoons
Me: You can't
Gobbles: why not?
Me:   It's illegal you have to marry a person
Gobbles: The Lobster! 
Me: No that's illegal to you can't marry your sister 
Gobbles: Why not?
(Because you can't wasn't a good enough answer, I had to start explaining DNA until he got bored)

And my favorite logical connection that Gobbles has made, a connection that was staring me in the face but I never put together:
Me: (as he was carrying a bunch of stuff): You look like a hoarder
Gobbles: What's a hoarder?
Me: Someone who collects way too much stuff
Gobbles: Like Ariel?
Seriously, who thought of that?  And it's so totally true!


I'll miss you, Miss C!

Gobbles and his teacher

Multicultural night at school - Sibs working together, kind of

Bangin' on the steel drum!

Enjoying Jamacan culture

Making Irish potatoes

Rollin in the cinnamon!

Having a sample

Love our pups

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

A pile of children!

You WILL hug me!

Another pile of children!

Disney Jr for the win
My personal hairdressers

Helping the red hulk with his booboo

Taking our spoonsie out for a stroll

See I'm a big girl! I can do it!

Ahh! Help me!

Sun porch pizza party!

Just super-heroing everything I do

Can't catch me!

We shove because we love

double trouble

Working hard in the garden

<3 babies="" br="" my="">

Getting Daddy to the hospital!

bffs!
Mom - you didn't talk about golf and how much i LOVE it!

Yea I kinda like it too!

We have fun even with just each other!

Rarrr it's godzilla!

Allright - meltdown = time to go!

Yes! I got this pinata!

Let me take my time and do this right!

Forget right, let's be wild!

I'll be your prince!

And I'll be YOUR princess!

Shhh... don't bother me! I'm on an important call!

Working together in the sand!

THIS is what sparked the hoarder conversation?  It's not even that much stuff!

Playdate fun!

Let me read this book to you Cannoli!

The best news!  Our baby cousin will be a GIRL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment