I knew the day would come when Gobbles would start to ask about his body, but I always thought it would start with the obvious. He's seen me use the bathroom and even proceeds to "wipe himself" like I do when he's finished with the potty. Yet he hasn't seemed to notice the differences down there. Which I am thankful for because I'm not ready to explain that and have him going around at school and telling everyone. Which of course he would do because he's that little know-it-all.
However, I think we've come to a point where I need to stop changing in front of him, especially now that I'm weaning the Lobster Roll. A few weeks ago I was reading his bedtime stories and he told me he wanted to see them. By them, he meant what I feed his sister from. He started lifting up my shirt and I told him that they are private for a lady and he should not go around insisting that girls lift up their shirts. He started the why game and it was then I first realized that the whole "being in a state of undress in front of him" phase was coming to an end.
I'm sure the mixed messages of me whipping my boobs out to feed her one minute then telling him they're private the next are very confusing, so I'm glad that the nursing will likely be done in a few weeks. In that sense. The other part of me is sad to be through the nursing phase, which seemed to pass twice as quickly as it did with Gobbles.
I've already started the hormonal shift that comes with weaning though, going from down and sad to giddy in the same moment. When the news came of Spoony's little boy I gushed over the pictures (he's friggan adorable after all!), and got a little weepy realizing that that Lobster Roll is so big now. I told hubs that I wanted a baby and he looked at me like I was nuts you HAVE a baby!. True, but not one so little. I even got a little wistful watching the Kardashians the other day when Courtney was rubbing her belly. I thought to myself, oh I want to be pregnant again. I confessed this to hubs and he again thought I was crazy - You hate being pregnant he said, and secretly vowed celibacy as long as he can to make sure it won't happen again anytime soon.
I know this will pass, and I know I don't have to wean at 6 months, but it's just right for me. Work is ramping up, including a few day trips and all day meetings, so pumping started to get in the way. I'm dying to get back in shape, but in order to start working out again as intensely as I would like I need to get my boobs to shrink (after 2 weeks of weaning we're down to a G, would love to be back to a DD). The Lobster took a bottle of formula no problem the other day when we tried, so I think she'll survive. And her Daddy has been waiting in the wings trying to get some bonding time in with her at night when she wakes up. Ok I made that last one up, but it would help me out a lot if we could trade off who wakes up for the 5am feeding. It's been pretty pointless for him to get up so far because if I didn't get up and feed her I'd still have to pump.
So my freezer supply is slowly dwindling, I'm down to feeding in the morning and evening without pumping in between, and my moods are erratic but at least I'm aware enough to know when and why it's happening. I'm snuggling my little love bug all the time, and I think I'll still willingly get up with her more times than not because I do love our middle of the night snuggles, but with teeth coming in any day now she doesn't have to be chewing on me to get the comfort and closeness she needs.
I'm proud that I was able to nurse again for my goal time period again, and looking forward to having my body all to myself for a little while. Because I know myself and it's just a matter of time before that fever will strike for real, and with any luck, we'll get to do the whole thing over again.
![]() |
| Under ladies' shirts are private but I can still share what they wear on their heads! |
![]() |
| Lobster - trucks are for boys! But here you can have the purple one. |
![]() |
| My first picture that I took all by myself on mommy's phone! Not only am I interested in nipples, but I love toes too! |
![]() |
| If we didn't cost so much to raise, Mommy would have five more! Who wouldn't? |




omg this is great.Perhaps you have a little Dr. in Gobbles...:)Dr. Gobbles sounds pretty good
ReplyDelete