Sunday, July 22, 2012

6 Months!

Dear Lil Lobster Roll,

Wow.  You are six months old already!  The past six months seemed to have gone twice as quickly as your brother's first six.  Momma is going to lose her mind if you keep growing so quickly.  Take your time little girl!  You're starting to become quite the lil chunker, with chubby little thighs and the most adorably kissable cheeks in the world.  My day is not complete until I get about a hundred kisses in while you just giggle and squeal with happiness.

It's a lazy Sunday morning right now on your half-birthday, we got up about 6:30 and are letting your daddy and brother sleep in.  You're laying on a blanket in the living room chatting away and throwing your toys around, having just finished a makeout session with Cannoli.  I guess I can say you deserved the licks, since you grabbed at his face to pull him close to you!

You have got to be the happiest baby I have ever seen.  Everywhere I go I get comments about it, because you never miss a chance to flash that gummy smile to anyone who looks your way.  I can never wake up in a bad mood if you're already awake, because you don't cry for someone to come get you, you either lay quietly or start talking to yourself, and as soon as you see me you grin like we're going to party all day.  I love waking up to you in the morning!  It's the same thing when I pick you up at school, you can be chilling with whomever and as soon as you see me, you bust out the widest smile anyone could imagine.

And school, my goodness are you adjusting well.  Even the mean old lady, who doesn't even really seem to like the kids, tells me all the time how you're the favorite.  She yells at me when I leave you home with grandmom and talks about how much she missed you.  The teachers from the other classroom come in and steal you to get some Lobster time, and half the days I pick you up instead of being in your classroom you're waiting to greet me in the director's office on somebody's lap, because they just "needed a cuddle".  They have affectionately named you biscuit because your rolls are the best!

Daddy, on the other hand, calls you muchkin (what's with the breakfast foods?), which also suits you because you really are a munchkin version of him (and gobbles).  You're way too laid back right now for me to see much of my personality in there... and frankly I hope you stay that way because it will balance out with your brother quite nicely.  Your daddy melts every time he holds you, as you pull on his nose and ears.

Physically, you are moving right along for six months, you can roll both ways, but you're rather lazy about it.  You will roll onto your stomach and just play that way, so you can raise your head up and look around and laugh.  You can also move around a little bit from that direction, rotating like the arms of a clock to get to whatever toy you want on your blanket.  You're about 85% sitting up, but we still place pillows all around you for when you fall.  I think part of that is laziness too, because I've seen you pitch forward and catch yourself and pull back up to sitting, but most of the time you will let yourself fall, then sort of pop up,  "bend and snap" your way to tummy time position so you can play!  If you're not rolling around on the floor or concentrating on your toys in your rocking chair, you're bouncing away in the jumparoo, doing a little jig and laughing all the way.

Your baby hair has all fallen out, save for a little tuft on the top of your head and two long patches on the sides.  You look a little bit like Jim Carey in Ace Ventura's mental hospital scene, I have to giggle when I picture your hair after a good bath!  Really, because giggling is the only thing I can do to cope with all of your gorgeous dark hair disappearing :(

You're a little fussy with your food and right now are on a sweet potatoes and carrots kick.  No apples for you, you spit them all over me!  You take your cereal well enough but would probably like oatmeal better.  You've begun your transition to formula and so far have no problems.  Today I'm going to start giving you three "meals" a day as opposed to the two (a veggie and a cereal) that you've been doing.  You have your 6 month visit on Tuesday so I'll have to come back and log your stats, but I'm guessing weight-wise you're about 17-18 lbs, you're starting to get up there - into size 3 diapers now- but you're not as terribly heavy as your brother.

Lil Lobster Roll, I said it before and I'll say it again.  You are by far the happiest baby I've ever met, I hope and pray that you stay that way forever.  My number one goal for you and your brother is that you guys are happy, and so far you're making that so easy for me.  Your smile lights up my life and anyone who is near you, and I fall to pieces every time I think of it.  I can't imagine what it'll look like when you have some little teeth to go with it.  You sleep so peacefully despite the 5 minute scream you need to find your thumb and put yourself to sleep, and I don't even mind getting up to cuddle with you at night because really you're just looking for a hug and an ear to listen to you babble!

You are such a wonderful, precious little girl and you mean the world to your Daddy, brother, and me.  We love you so so much and feel so lucky and blessed every day that you are in our lives.  Happy half birthday little girl.

Love,

Mommy

Thanks for dressin me up just to get a pic taken ,Mommy!

What's that?  You're taking a lot of pics?  Ok!

Aww, My puppy!  You silly licken my toes!

May I pet him?

What's Gobbles doin in my crib??

He's such a silly boy!

That's right, get that camera back on me - it's my day!
I LOVE my pile of toys.  And my crazy lady hair.

And I love that Puppy!

My first time in a swing!  I love it!

My brother is so silly for hating these - they are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment