Thursday, June 28, 2012

firsts. and seconds.

This past weekend was the Lil Lobster Roll's first trip to the beach.  My sister and I decided last minute to crash my parents' quiet time down the shore in the name of family and being together after the rough last week.  Hubs was off to a bachelor party so the kids and I loaded up and shipped out.

The Lobster had a wonderful time at the beach... I think.  After she quickley dipped her toes in the ocean she slept the morning away!
Mom-MY! don't pull my bathing suit up!
Do not disturb....
Seriously... do not disturb.  That swim tired me out!

Gobbles of course did what he does best - made a huge mess with the sand, and hilariously dumped a bucket of water all over his sunbathing grandmom.  He was a little more timid with the ocean than he was last year, clinging to me as I encouraged him to jump the waves.  He was much more interested in the lifeguard boats and 4 wheelers that were scattered around.
mehhh - don't like the water right now!
I'd rather work on my masterpiece - a sand school bus.  Or a choo choo!
Do NOT mess with my creation!!

After lunch, instead of napping (despite not going to sleep until midnight the night before!), Gobbles insisted on playing with playdough on the deck while momma drank beer and watched the ocean.  Of course it caught up with him later, falling asleep before dinner, which worked out fine for me since by then I had a nice buzz going.  I got to chat the night away with my sister, so the trip turned out to be a nice little success. 
Ok mommy! I have the pink and you take the green.  What shall we make?  A school bus and a choo choo of course!
Noooo! I don't want to napppp!
Until of course we got home on Saturday, when Gobbles came down with a fever and soon after had the worst case of croup he's had to date.  Oh buddy, this marks second time he got sick because of the excitement of a beach trip (the first being last year in Hilton Head - um gobbles what was with your hair??). 

And finally, another first for Miss Lobster Roll.  As it goes, spending too much time near her sick brother has gotten my girl her very first cold.  I'm beat from spending the last two nights holding her precariously propped up so she could breathe. 

But despite all this, both kids are smiling.  They are the best!
Love!
Love!

1 comment: