Sunday morning was beautiful. Crisp, fall weather and our Halloween decorations came out of storage just in time to spruce up the house. Seriously, who's not going to buy now that we have the dollar store pumpkin cutouts on every window? After a showing Saturday where the buyer and agent showed up a half hour early and let themselves through our house with the DOGS still inside, we're so over this house selling thing. C'mon St. Joseph statue buried under a rock in the backyard - help us out!
But I digress. Sunday was shaping up to be a perfect autumn day, but for the fact that hubs was working all weekend. Gobbles and I decided to make the best of it. We leashed up the dogs for a nice stroll around the block. I overestimated the chill in the air, and halfway up the block in true Gobbles fashion he threw a tantrum over his coat. Fine, I took it off. A few minutes later he dropped Spoons' leash, and a minute or so after that he decided it was time to be carried. That's when we turned around, because I am growing by the minute and was already struggling with two dogs, a bag of poop, and a hoodie. I wasn't about to add another 30 lbs to my load around the block.
When we turned back to the house, Gobbles noticed the neighborhood kids had gathered for a football game in the street. Kids! he shouted. Hi Kids! and started running down the sidewalk in their direction. As long as he stayed out of the street, I was fine with that. We made it back to the house and he planted himself at the bottom of the driveway to watch the game. Throwing! Running! No Push! Will my son become a sportscaster?
Since he clearly wanted to stay outside and watch the cool kids I decided to bring out his bike so we wouldn't be the creep neighbors just watching the little boys play football. The pups hadn't had their fill of the outdoors either, so Cannoli got hitched to the front rail and Spoons, well she just followed us up and down the sidewalk.
Gobbles' bike is a big wheel with a handle so I can push him, though the handle became more useful in as something to grab onto to stop the runaway vehicle as it cruised down the slight incline on the sidewalk. As we travelled up and down the 3 home stretch around our driveway, Gobbles would pedal furiously, then give up on the pedals to just push himself along the sidewalk, then just stop for a moment to observe the football game. I walked behind him for help steering and Spoons scampered ahead, excited to be free from a leash. Poor Cannoli just chewed on the grass up on the lawn.
As we were making our way up the sidewalk, I pushed the bike to give my boy a little help, as he was clearly struggling to get the bike up the slight incline. All of the sudden, he put his feet down, turned around, looked me square in the eye, and said All done Mommy. I don't want that. No push. I do it. He waved his hand at me and gestured towards the kids playing. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 22 Months old and he already wants me to go unnoticed by his peers. I guess my delusions of being the "cool mom" are over. That era was way too short. Thank goodness the Lil Lobster Roll will be here in 15 weeks, hopefully she'll want to hang out with me :)
| yayyyy!! Time to play outside! Here I come, Kids! |
| I'm a big boy! |
| Aww Mommy! I still love you - CHEESE! |
| Oh - wait - look at the Kids! |
| Yea! Play Ball Kids! |
Maksi will be 22 months just in time for Dos to appear. I can/can't wait for him to be able to talk in two word sentences.
ReplyDeleteHe is such a big boy! I cant believe it.
ReplyDeleteAwwww...this one made me tear up a bit- I can't believe what a big boy he is!!
ReplyDelete