Friday, September 16, 2011

My Baby Girl!!!

Dear Baby Girl,

Wow.  I've known for a week know that you are indeed a girl, my lil lobster roll, but part of me is still in shock!  Every time I sit down and think about it, I am overcome with emotion and I start to tear up.  You have no idea how badly I wanted you, and here you are!  Well, almost here I should say. 

A GIRL!  A little girl!  Dresses and dollies and ribbons and pink, pink pink.  I have to admit I am terrified.  I have a confession baby girl.  I am not that good of a girl myself.  I'm horrible at accessorizing.  I don't do makeup.  My hair hasn't changed in 20 years.  I don't know who's hot in fashion right now, as long as it's on sale.  I told your daddy last night that I'm ashamed that I don't have a set of heels that you can clomp around the house playing dressup.  I am so so sorry baby.  And I am ever so thankful for the army of aunts and psuedo aunts you have because they will be here to guide you through all of that if you wish.

I know you're either going to be a super girly girl, or a little tomboy.  And let me tell you lobstah, WHOEVER you want to be I will fully support one hundred percent.  Your Daddy, big brother, and I will always be here to love and protect you from whatever life hands to you.  I need you to know this and hope you will always come to us for the hugs, kisses, or just an ear.

Like I said before, I was shocked when the ultrasound tech told us you were a girl.  For 20 weeks (actually a few years now) all we've heard was Oh you're going to have all boys.  I was ok with that, but there was a pang inside of me that felt a twinge of sadness when I thought about prom dress shopping, wedding planning, and all the special moments that only a mother and daughter can have.  So needless to say, I am thrilled that we will be able to share everything.  Just promise you won't act like I did as a teenager, because boy if I could take it all back I would...sorry mom :(...

And your Daddy?  Let me tell you something.  Your Daddy was a little surprised too, but the second he heard It's a Girl!, he completely softened.  I don't know how you did it from all the way inside my belly, but you have your Daddy wrapped around your little finger already.  If there is ever anything you need that you don't want to talk to me about, your Daddy will be there for you, I know it.  He is a wonderful man and a great father.

Finally, let's talk about your brother for a minute.  I know you can already hear him, because he never shuts up anymore.  He is so kind and gentle, he will be a fabulous big brother.  Please don't be upset if he doesn't enjoy you the first couple weeks, because he's just not used to sharing Mommy.  Gobbles is the only one who knew that you were a girl.  Every time we asked he said "little sister" or "girl".  Daycare said he was carrying pink baby clothes around all week before our ultrasound.  Your brother is going to be one of your best friends (besides your cousin Princess Girl, who is going to be your total bff!).

Well my Little Lobster Roll, you're starting to jump around in my belly again, probably want something to eat (you are my daughter after all, and you know how we all love to eat).  I love you very much and again am so excited to get a peek at you before we meet you in just a few months.  Stay safe in there.

Love,
Momma

my beautiful baby girl
that's enough! no pictures please!
loungin' back, kicken around

These next two pics are pretty interesting, esp for my non-mommy friends. It's always assumed that for a boy the look for something, and if it's missing it's assumed it's a girl.  Actually they look for parts either way.... it's as if they're sitting on a glass table, and you are looking up.  Side by side comparison of Lil Lobster Roll and Gobbles.  She is definitely a girl! 
ps Lil Lobstah - Do as I say, not as I do.  This is the LAST time a picture of your specials will be on the internet.  I mean it!


No comments:

Post a Comment