My Momma dressed me up like a walking billboard that screamed
Hey Ladies! I'm kinda desperate! So embarrassing. Especially considering I'm in a class full of boys. Sure the teachers are girls, but they're not very happy with me right now since all I do is whine for them to pick me up. I mean, is it really too much to ask for them to tote around another 25 lbs while caring for four other children? I'm cute, right? I thought so until my mom put on this shirt that basically said I did not have a Valentine. Gee thanks Grandma!
Mommy asked
Gobbles, am I your special Valentine? I laughed and shook my head, and pointed to my Daddy. She asked -
is Daddy your Valentine? I laughed again
, yup!
I thought maybe I could get my 6 pearly whites sparkly fresh for the big day. But ohhh the bristles on my gums! It was better to just suck on the toothbrush.
Before I went off to school Mommy helped me read my cards that I got for Valentine's day. The one from Nana was so special I carried it around the house!
After Daddy got my shoes on, I was all set for a big day at school!
Today was a great day because even though I didn't get any valentines in my bag, Momma surprised me by picking me up! She said today was special so she didn't have to work late. (Shhhh. She told me shush about that too but I don't know what it means!). Daddy came home happy as well because he got great news today about the new job he wanted. He's so happy and may even get to take the puppies in once in awhile! Too bad he can't take me - I'd love to hang out with Daddy all day long!
Dinner was great, because rather than fighting my tantrums to get me to eat my veggies, Mommy and Daddy just took away what I didn't want and let me have what I wanted! (*
Mom's interjection - Yes. We really did decide that the two waking hours we have with him on work days would be better spent getting him to eat something, anything
rather than fighting over food and ending up tired, cranky, and still hungry anyway. Tonight's result - good. He declined veggies and rice, but after some applesauce and cheese, he accepted some chicken and gladly took cheerios and puffs. Went to bed happy!*)
And since we didn't spend so much time throwing food around at dinner, I had time to play with my new band in a box!
The cymbals were my favorite!
I felt like a toy monkey!
After all that music making, it was just time to dance. The good ol' fridge farm not only tastes good, but it's perfect for my pre-bedtime booty shake.
And by 8:00, that was it. I was tired from a great Valentine's day and ready for bed. Mommy took me up and started reading my books. But guess what? I was so ready for bed that I just started climbing into the crib while she read. So instead she recited my book to me and got my blankets. I laughed at the parts I like, and smiled behind my paci. I pointed to my light as if to say "turn it out! it's bedtime!" Mommy told me she loved me so so much and bent all the way down to give me a kiss. She touched my cheek and said
Goodnight Gobbles! I'll see you in the morning! Happy Valentine's day! I love you so much!
As she left my room, I giggled to myself. I didn't need to find a Valentine in my class, I still have a few years before I'll call myself a "bachelor". Right now, the only Valentine I need watched on the monitor as I talked and laughed to myself for 24 minutes before falling asleep. My Mommy is the best Valentine I could ask for. Besides my Daddy :)
Great Post Gobbles!
ReplyDeleteHe is gonna be fighting off the valentines someday!
What a handsome, happy boy.
ReplyDeleteGreat work, lady!
I love our little valentines.
hes getting so big- and articulate
ReplyDelete