Even though work has picked up significantly and I've been logging enough hours to be practically full time again, I decided I would still try and keep the kids home with me on Fridays. So the hours in between playing stay at home mom for the day - going to appointments, grocery shopping, cleaning, baking, PLAYING - are spent with the kids parked in front of the TV and me on the computer, responding to last minute pre-weekend requests.
I only feel a little guilty that they'll get more TV time than they should on these days. It makes up for the other 4 days they're at school all day and watch 15 minutes or less. So far it's been a win win - I make some extra $$ billing work on Fridays and they get to decompress a little bit in preparation for our busy weekends, where we run around spending time with friends and family and adventures.
We have done all kinds of things together, and I just love this age because they are close enough to entertain each other both at home and in public. Some fun moments we've had in the last two months. (ps - some of these pics are from non-Fridays, but they're all part of me being a mom - working or staying home).
 |
| Mommy - this picture isn't even at HOME! Daddy took me to Lowes to build El Chupacabra! |
 |
| Then Gobbles brought home his apron for me to wear! |
 |
| Too many kids too big for the ball pit! |
 |
| I am the best cookie making assistant in the WORLD! |
 |
| Here Lobster, I'll stant on the outside so you don't fall off the chair. |
 |
| Jump and THROW! As simple as that! |
 |
| Time to take a break from all that playing! |
 |
So proud on our first a normal day going to school |
 |
| Mommy - the lunch box doesn't even fit all my stuff! |
 |
| My first cheese steak! YUM! |
 |
| I could eat these all day long! |
 |
| Yep - There's Mr. Tom mowing the neighbor's. We'll be next! |
 |
| Now that it's a little chillier, we're not as jealous of the gorgeous pool next door! |
 |
| Yup Mommy, I'm big enough to do this without you! |
 |
| Here Lobster, let me help you get your shoes on! |
 |
| But I'm not going to help you get down the slide! |
 |
| Stay on the road, please! |
 |
| Gobbles needs to stop telling me what to do, I declare! |
 |
| Oh Spooooonsie! We Love you! |
 |
| Really... do we have to go to school? She reeeeally needs us today! |
 |
| Here Gobbles, lemme give you a hand! |
 |
| I Love chalk! And sticking my foot in the air! |
 |
| They'll never take, our FREEDOM! |
 |
The age when they lose their fear of the vacuum yet maintain
the fascination with it - priceless! |
 |
Flu shots for everyone! The lobster has batman for comfort, Gobbles has
my little pony.... hmnmm. |
 |
| I charmed the lady at the bank into giving me a lolipop! |
 |
| Uh, lobster? She gives them to all the kids... |
 |
| Ok, back on the road, can you catch me? |
 |
| It's just like training Rocky, when you catch me you can rest! |
 |
| I will not sit still to let you measure anything for my halloween costume! |
 |
| We WILL sit on your bed and watch TV! |
 |
| We're gonna take turns helping wtih Daddy's birthday cupcakes. |
 |
| Or maybe I'll just keep stirring myself! |
 |
| Mommy! He took it! |
 |
| Why can't I stand close to the mixer! |
 |
| Yum - can we have a bite? |
 |
| Hey there Cannoli! How's it going? |
 |
| I'm just gonna take a quick break and run down this hill! |
 |
| Actually, rolling is a lot more fun! |
 |
| So glad we cut those hedges - now we can see Spoons waiting for us! |
 |
| A new friend found while weeding! |
 |
| Can we keep him? |
 |
| Please! No room for more animals! |
 |
| Our shadows are Talll!! |
 |
| Bedtime stories - Gobbles has a trick by picking the longest books ever! |
 |
| And the lobster's trick is making her hair have that slicked comb over after bath! |
 |
| Aww Cannoli, did you get lost down the basement again? |
No comments:
Post a Comment