Monday, October 22, 2012

9 Months!

Dear Lil Lobster Roll,

Happy 9 Months Baby Girl!   Just like that, you're just 90 something days from turning 1, I cannot believe it.  You've been up to a lot in the past three months, just keeping up with the hustle and bustle of life.  Needless to say, there was a lot going on where you weren't the only one getting our attention at any given moment, and I'm terribly sorry for that.  But you thrived regardless, distinctly starting to say Momma and Dada about a month or so ago, and more recently to the right person!  And after a month of crawling around backwards, three days ago you finally broke that barrier and are now heading forwards no problem.

I have to laugh when I talk about you crawling backwards because I cannot get out of my head a night when your Daddy was working late and I was getting you and your brother ready for bed.  I plopped you down in the middle of the room while I was looking for pajamas for Gobbles.  You were in need of snuggles so you were whimpering as I slipped out of the room looking for the clean clothes basket.  I came back to you full-out screaming, furiously crawling in backwards circles as fast as you could go, with a look of determination on your face that rivals Olympic athletes, all while your naked brother danced around in the background doing a puzzle.  I of course comforted you right away, and after Gobbles was taken care of and in bed, you and I had extra cuddle time after your bottle.  I'm sorry though if that memory brings a smile to my face, just an everyday night in the chaos of our home.

Maybe it also makes me laugh because it's so rare to even see you cry, your pout & tears bring extra guilt and a round of awwws to the table because your pout is just about the saddest thing on the planet.  But like I said in your six month letter, you are just so happy 95% of the time, I've never seen a baby smile as much as you.  I really don't know what your Daddy and I did to deserve such a happy little angel, I can never have a bad day around you.

Whenever I need some snuggles all I have to do is scoop you up and blow kisses into your chunky lil cheeks and you crack up with a hearty laugh almost too big for the size you are.  You are fearless taking on the dogs that are bigger than you and stealing their toys and taunting them, only to collapse with laughter when they lick your face trying to get the toy back, which you never seem to release.  You sometimes are the only person able to comfort your big brother if he's having a tantrum, just looking at him and saying uhhhhAIIGHH!  makes him break into a smile and repeat back your babble as if you guys have a secret language I haven't decoded.  Somehow you have an instinct knowing just how to act given the mood of the others around you.  Always trust these instincts you have little girl, because they will not only make you a more empathetic and kind person, but if you stick with your gut, hopefully they'll keep you from ever getting walked on too. 

And gut?  Did someone say gut?  It's not all laughter and smiles keeping your adorable baby belly so pokable.  I've finally found a piece of me in you - your appetite.  You have yet to meet a food you don't like (ok, peas may induce a bit of a gag reflex).  But seriously - spaghetti and meatballs?  Yum!  Tacos?  Not to spicy for my girl.  I've already talked about chili, and we can add chicken (italian style) and eggplant parm to the mix too.  Basically, anything you can pick up you will try, and then suddenly your tray is clear and you're signing more to me.   I'm amazed and hope you keep this with you, because you are becoming a stellar example of meat and veggie eating for your big bro - he wants to eat chicken now just like you!  Imagine that.

I love you so much baby girl.  You are the best.

Love, Momma

Yup - I crashed a party that my big bro was invited too - and they even let me in the moonbounce!

Ohh - what's over there!

Momma - did you even talk about how i'm standing?  well, kinda almost!

See, I can stand in a clothes basket!

I need to practice dancing in here dressed in leopard print in case I ever go to Jersey

HA!  Cannoli I GOT your toy!

Mom, do I HAVE to wear pigtails? 

I'm not gonna smile til you fix my hair!

Fine!  A half smile for ya!  It is pajama day at school afterall. 


1 comment: